- Abatzoglou JT and Parker LE (forthcoming, 2018) Climate change and the American West. Idaho Law Review Natural Resources and Environmental Law Edition.
- Parker LE and Abatzoglou JT (2017) Shifts in the thermal niche of almond under climate change. Climatic Change.
- Parker LE and Abatzoglou JT (2017) Comparing mechanistic and empirical approaches to modeling the thermal niche of almond. International Journal of Biometeorology.
- Hicke JA, Abatzoglou JT, Daley-Laursen S, Esler J, and Parker L (2017) Using scientific conferences to engage the public on climate change. The Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society.
- Parker LE and Abatzoglou JT (2016) Projected changes in cold hardiness zones and suitable overwinter ranges of perennial crops over the United States. Environmental Research Letters.
- Parker LE and Abatzoglou JT (2015) Spatial coherence of extreme precipitation events in the Northwestern United States. International Journal of Climatology.
- Edwards LM, Bunkers MJ, Abatzoglou JT, Todey DP, and Parker LE (2014) October 2013 blizzard in western South Dakota. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society.
- February, 2018. Adapting agriculture to climate change through perennial crop translocation. Western Colorado State University; Gunnison, Colorado -and- University of Colorado Denver; Denver, Colorado
- February, 2017.Climate change impacts to perennial fruit and nut crop production. Western Colorado State University; Gunnison, Colorado
- January, 2017. The Science of Climate Change. Western Colorado State University; Gunnison, Colorado
- December, 2016. Will the Grass Always Be Greener? RTF Turf Producers Association National Conference; Nashville, Tennessee
- February, 2016. Climate Change and Northwest Agriculture: Boom or Bust? Idaho Landscape and Nursery Association Conference; Post Falls, Idaho.
- November, 2015. Climate Change and Northwest Agriculture. Sunrise Rotary Club; Coeur d’ Alene, Idaho.
- January, 2018.
- January, 2018. Nadault, T. Oregon farmers could be growing almonds by 2050. Moscow-Pullman Daily News
- January, 2018. Parker, L and Staff. Climate models predict almond harvest expansion to Oregon. University of Idaho News Release
- July – September, 2017. Parker, L and Ellwein, A. RuMBLer of the Week. Crested Butte News
- January, 2017. Climate scientist offers perspective on climate change frey. Letter to the Editor. Crested Butte News. January 26, 2017 (print); January 27, 2017 (online).
- April, 2016. Staff. Will Climate Change Impact Where We Grow Cold-Sensitive Crops? Idaho Public Radio. April 4, 2016. (audio)
- March, 2016. Cotterell, A. How Idaho Agriculture Might Change with the Climate. Boise State Public Radio. March 25, 2016.
- January, 2016. Scott, C. The first of its kind: Climate research projects higher temperatures for PNW. The Argonaut. January 25, 2016.
Recent Unrefereed Publications and Presentations
- March, 2018. Changing ranges and phenology of culturally important shrubs of the Pacific Northwest. Prevey, J., C. Harrington, and L. Parker. Northwest Science Association Annual Meeting, Olympia, Washington
- November, 2016. Estimating the climatological niche of perennial fruit and nut crops under climate change. Parker, L. and J. Abatzoglou. Northwest Climate Conference, Stevenson, Washington
- November, 2015. Projected changes in cold hardiness zones and impacts on Northwest Agriculture. Parker, L. and J. Abatzoglou. Northwest Climate Conference, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
- March, 2015. Projected changes in cold hardiness zones over CONUS* Parker, L. and J. Abatzoglou. REACCH Annual Conference, Moscow, Idaho. *Received “Best Scientific Poster at PhD Level” award.
- September, 2014. Spatial coherence of extreme precipitation across the Northwestern United States. Parker, L.E. and J.T. Abatzoglou. Pacific Northwest Climate Science Conference, Seattle, Washington.
- March, 2014. Climatological Context of Extreme Events: The South Dakota Blizzard of October 2013. Parker (1), J. Abatzoglou (1), M. Bunkers (2), L. Edwards (3), Todey (3, 4) (1) Department of Geography, University of Idaho; (2) National Weather Service, NOAA; (3) Extension, South Dakota State University; (4) Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, South Dakota State University. REACCH Annual Conference, Richland, Washington.
Recent Service and Community Involvement
- Science and History Interpretive Guide. Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory. Summer, 2017
- Promotion and Tenure Committee member. University of Idaho. October, 2016.
- Conference committee member for 7th Annual Northwest Climate Conference. March to November, 2016.
- Moscow Food Coop Committee Member — Community Contributions and Food For Thought Film Series Committees. November 2015 to July 2016.
- Conference Coordinator and member of Steering, Program and Arrangements committees for the 6th Annual Northwest Climate Conference. University of Idaho. March to November, 2015.
- Graduate representative to hiring committee for new Geography faculty. University of Idaho. November, 2014 to March, 2015.
- Promotion and Tenure Committee member. University of Idaho. October, 2014.
- HOIST — A STEM-based college preparatory program hosted at the University of Idaho. July, 2014 and 2015.
- REACCH K-12 Teacher Workshops hosted at the University of Idaho. June, 2014 and July, 2015.
- Faculty Senator. Salt Lake Community College. August 2010 through May 2013.
- Environmental Water Science. University of Idaho. May, 2017.
- GIS and Remote Sensing. Oregon State University. June, 2009.